Some key facts about radiation:
- It’s a natural process.
- Our bodies are constantly exposed to radiation.
- Our bodies are designed to be exposed to it every single day without any harm to our health.
- It isn’t killing us.
- It isn’t man-made.
- Only an infinitesimal amount of it comes from nuclear power plants and uranium mines.
This is so important to understand.
After the First Death by Lawrence Block
Reading it I kept on thinking it would get better. It didn’t.
Alexander Litvinenko (top). The high-profile Russian defector was felled by polonium-210.
In yet another oft-told tale, the book recounts the 1910 murder in England of Belle Elmore, better known as the wife of the notorious Dr. Crippen. Mrs. Crippen was a minor but popular singer in Edwardian London. Dr. Crippen was, by most standards, a con artist with problems on both sides of the Atlantic. As many stories of the infamous crime tell, Mrs. Crippen had the money and Dr. Crippen had a mistress, ensuring that their marriage would come to an unpleasant end.
The murder happened when, after a small party, Dr. Crippen, who had earlier purchased hyoscine or scopolamine from a pharmacist, apparently gave his wife a drink containing it. Instead of dying neatly, she must have required a coup de grace that made the body impossible to pass off as a natural death. Crippen disposed of the body by removing the flesh, treating it with quicklime and burying it in the basement of his house.
After the murder was discovered and the body located, Crippen and his mistress—interestingly disguised as father and son—boarded a ship for Canada. The ship’s captain recognized Crippen and radioed the authorities in London, something unusual in 1910. A faster ship with a pursuing detective chased Crippen to Canada and he was arrested there. At his trial, he was convicted of murder, and he was subsequently hanged. The trial involved the well-known pathologist Sir Bernard Spilsbury (who appears again later in the book). This case strained the limits of the known sciences of the time, including an identification of the victim from soft tissue (a recently questioned identification), the chemist’s identification of the poison, and the use of the new “wireless” for communication to alert the police.
-Reviewed by Charles S. Tumosa
Murderous Molecules: Accounts of true crimes in which victims were polished off by poison
Chemical & Engineering News, February 2, 2009
Imagine, if you will, being a person who grew up without video games
Who never saw a Zelda game until you were nearly a legal adult
Now imagine that while watching someone play Twilight Princess they grab a motherfucking chicken and fucking glide off the fucking roof like it ain’t no thang and NO ONE ELSE BATS AN EYE OR ACKNOWLEDGES IT
Every day is like this for me.
I always sorta assumed you could do this with actual chickens too
The wail of rage and defiance echoed through the suburbs and into the hearts of a thousand Subaru wagon owners.
let's gif: pokemon sage - [2/?]
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP KIDS
EVERYBODY PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME RIGHT NOW ITS CALLED POKEMON SAGE AND ITS A FANMADE POKEMON PROJECT ON RPG MAKER
look at that town
its fucking beautiful right
thats where you live bro
what does this game not have
- there’s tons of racial diversity and the FIRST NON-WHITE POKEMON PROTAGONISTS LOOK
- over 200 totally original pokemon and theyre all beautiful look at this
- they also have amazing puns for names such as
- and my personal favorites
- and some are just plain awesome like
- its a fucking dragon viking ship how cool is that
- basically there is not a bad pokemon in this gen i dare you to find one
- did i mention that your rival IS AN OUTLAW WEARING A COOL ASS PONCHO AND HAT
- look at that guy how can you not like him
- the music is AMAZING and super catchy
- theres a lot of multicultural influences and mishmashing and basically its super awesome
- everything is original except basic item sprites
- it has the nostalgic feel of the good old pokemon and is made in the style of gen 3 but is so full of originality and surprises that you’ll be constantly amazed with this game
- just play it
the demo is out right now and the full game is in progress! come on lets show these guys that what theyre doing is a REALLY GREAT THING and that it NEEDS TO CONTINUE!
ive never even been this excited for a real pokemon game but as soon as i saw this i was blown away
please play this game
you will not regret it
tfw I designed kidling and pyroat x)
can’t wait to see this finished
i will play this yes
It seems that when you want to make a woman into a hero, you hurt her first. When you want to make a man into a hero, you hurt… also a woman first.